Save Money and Prevent Downtime with Regularly Scheduled Service from the Experts at Pro-Tech Mechanical.
Our preventative maintenance contracts ensure that your systems are receiving scheduled, semi-annual maintenance designed to improve efficiency, prevent utility overpayment, avert system failures, and extend the life of your HVACR system. Pro-Tech customers on guaranteed maintenance contracts receive discounts on parts and labor, preferred scheduling, and semi-annual visits from a certified HVACR technician.
What should I expect my technician to do during a preventative maintenance visit?
- Check system functions, safety controls, and adjust the operating sequence where appropriate.
- Inspect electrical components and connections and repair/replace or tighten as required.
- Ensure proper air flow and change dirty air filters.
- Inspect pumps, lubricate, and check flow rates where appropriate.
- Clean and lubricate motors as required.
- Examine belts, adjust and align as required.
- Inspect, clean and balance blowers as required.
Spring Visit (preparation for summer season):
- Clean inside coil, condensate pans, condensate traps, and condensate lines to prevent obstructions.
- Clean outside coil and straighten fins for efficient operation.
- Check refrigerant levels and if low, find the leak. (According to many equipment manufacturers, a 10% refrigerant loss will result in a 20% decrease in system efficiency!)
Fall Visit (preparation for winter season):
- Clean the burner assembly.
- Remove soot from fireside of burner.
- Clean and check operation of humidifier.
- Visually or with remote camera, inspect heat exchanger for cracks.
- Adjust air/fuel ratio of burner and perform combustion analysis. (Instrumentation used for combustion analysis is a means of fine-tuning a burner to achieve maximum fuel efficiency and “optimum firing.”)
Note: For heat pump applications, winter season inspections repeat a number of the summer procedures, plus several additional checks. Maintaining semi-annual preventative maintenance schedules for heat pumps is also important.
What’s the bottom line for me?
Savings: Preventative maintenance contracts typically more than pay for themselves through higher efficiency, less utility overpayment, and contractor discounts. Preventative maintenance customers also receive a discount on all parts and services performed during the entire year.
Peace of Mind: Predictive maintenance will mean fewer system failures and a longer life for your HVACR equipment.
Priority Service: Should a system failure occur during the heat of the summer or the cold of the winter, customers with maintenance contracts receive priority service.
Continuity: Pro-Tech Mechanical assigns technicians to specific customers. That way, you get to see and know the same service technician, and he or she becomes more familiar with you and your equipment.
Contact Pro-Tech Mechanical today for more information about our preventative maintenance contracts or to schedule a free estimate for your system maintenance today!